Brand and Purpose Driven Design
How to design on brand concepts for products and services
Due to the digital revolution, products and innovations tend to commoditise rapidly. More than ever, a strong brand experience plays a vital role in convincing consumers to become loyal to your brand. Not only for commercial companies but also for non profit organisations and even governmenta institutions. The purpose of the company or institute that offers the product plays an increasing role in this. This Master Class is about how to develop brand and purpose driven concepts for products and services.
Innovations should be in-line with the brand, or preferably, strengthen the brand. Ideally, they are tuned with all the other touchpoints of the consumer experience, in order to create a durable bond between the consumer and the brand.
At the heart of every innovation is a concept that connects the concerns of all stakeholders. The physical product, accompanying services, and the retail experience are nowadays inextricably intertwined. An integrated approach is important in order to stay relevant.
This course is intended for product managers, product owners, designers and marketeers. Actually for everyone involved in strengthening brands through new products and services.
During this master class you will:
- get a crash course branding and learn more about the future of brands;
- understand what a brand driven product concept is;
- learn what it takes to translate a brand into an enchanting concept;
- learn to apply a framework for a brand driven approach;
- learn how to be able to judge if your ideas fit and are good enough.
- The theory behind brand driven design
- Models and perspectives to validate your designs
- Cases and examples of brand driven design
- A 4-step process for developing brand driven concepts
- A framework for applying brand driven design in workshops
Jeroen van Erp was full Professor of Concept Design at IDE, TU Delft (2015-2021). He is one of the founders of multidisciplinary design agency Fabrique (1992), that has grown through the years into an international strategic agency with studios in Amsterdam and Rotterdam.