The second Women in Energy seminar was held in the KIVI NIRIA headquarters on March 14th. Organised by SPE Netherlands section, Gaia, Kivi Niria NVI, Shell Women’s Network and Schlumberger with a theme ‘Driving the Change’, this year’s event gathered 100 participants from Holland, Germany and UK.
Key speakers from different segments of oil and gas industry and government spoke and shared their experiences on role of women from the field to the board, strength of the differences, steps of career development and involvement of the companies in developing a career.
The key speakers were:
- Celine Blachere – WG Europe, Africa, Caspian & Russia Regional manager at Schlumberger
- Sybilla Dekker – chair taskforce and foundation “Talent to the top” and member of several supervisory boards
- Bettina Durkin – VP Subsurface & Wells Software at Shell
- Angela Durkin – VP manufacturing & supplier quality at Baker Hughes
The morning session was closed by a panel session with audience and key speakers, led by Gitta Zaalberg, Global Manager Land Geophysics at Fugro. During the panel discussion, participants had the opportunity to speak and share their ideas and comments on different statements.
In the afternoon. workshops on finding your unique talents, presenting yourself through personal style, creating a persuasive message, inspiring leadership and micro-inequities provided participants with tools and ideas on how to empower themselves and take charge of their careers and lives.
The organising committee wishes to thank all participants, speakers, workshop facilitators and sponsors for their attendance and contribution.
See you on next WIE event!
The Organising Committee
Responses from participants:
- “Excellent to have real life examples from the Industry's leading ladies”
- “I enjoyed especially the panel discussion very much. for me the most powerful part of the day really. it was great!”
- “the panel discussion was well facilitated but as you could see from the reactions from the audience, there was a lot of energy around the topics. The discussion could have gone on for quite some time.”
- “It was an interesting and diverse day”
- “Very well organised”
- “Absolutely well and enthusiastically organized, thank you!”
- “Well done! Nice to see the enthusiasm all around”
- “Nice surrounding, easy to travel with public transport”
- “Great location, close to public transport and very nice building. Rooms were suitable for different parts of the day”
- “Good networking event”
- “Very good value for money and time invested, good networking platform, I would absolutely recommend”
- “It was noticeable that the event was prepared by professionals. Congratulations to all those involved in the organization”
- “Event was really well organized! Big compliments! Venue was great, timing good and every inspirational speakers. Thank you!”
- “The organisation of the event and those that presented were fantastic and I really appreciated the advice given, so thank you for the opportunity to attend”
- “I was energized!”
- “Thank you, it was really inspiring!”
- “Thank you for everything! Such a voluntary action could not be better than you've already managed”