This lecture is fully booked, as is the waitinglist. We hoop to meet you at another lecture.
"Semi-Submersible Cranevessel "Sleipnir"- From Concept to Reality"
Since the innovative design aspects of the vessel and cranes of Sleipnir were presented to the KIVI forum in May 2015, the design has now been turned into reality. Heerema will give an overview of the engineering, construction and commissioning challenges that had to be met to bring the vessel to physical existence. For instance, 95,000 mt of steel had to be fabricated, 3000 km electrical cable had to be pulled and over 80,000 pipe spools had to be fabricated and installed. Furthermore, castings for the crane hooks had to be made with weights in excess of 200 mt, which proved to be very challenging. And despite the large dimensions and high weights, sometimes tolerances in the order of tenths of millimeters had to be respected when the crane parts were integrated into the hull.
During the lecture a short quiz will take place. The winner receives a guided tour on the Sleipnir by its Captain. The quiz is interactive, you only have to bring your mobile phone to participate. So do not forget your mobile phone if you want to win this unique prize!
* Sandwiches beforehand and drinks afterwards are offered with the compliments of HMC.
* Registration for KIVI members opens at 18 February 2019.
* For non-members -if seats are still available- registration opens at 11 April 2019.
* Until 16 April you can indicate with your registration if reserving sandwiches is necessary for you.
* After 16 April there may be a possibility to registrate -if not fully booked- but no sandwiches will be reserved for you. You will expected by 19.00h then.
Sipke Schuurmans (Project Director SSCV Sleipnir, Heerema Offshore Services).
Vondellaan 47, 2332 AA Leiden
Naam en contactgegevens voor informatie
More information at
see above for the date when registration opens
|- uur||Lecture and drinks|