Afdeling Maritieme Techniek
MARTEC is the maritime technology chapter of KIVI
At MARTEC we hope to provide a platform for you, our members, to meet and exchange information and views on anything and everything that has to do with our favorite profession, the maritime industry. Together we hope to contribute to its benefit by sharing experience and know-how and thereby to continuously improve our technological capabilities. If anything, what we all share is the vision of a flourishing, world-leading Dutch maritime sector.
In this respect we promote and facilitate the professional development of our members, through:
- Monthly networking events with speakers presenting the latest technical innovations in the maritime industry,
- An annual symposium on technical hot topics for naval architects,
- An annual visit to a maritime company or organization,
- The December lecture organized jointly with KNVTS (the Royal Dutch Society of Shipbuilders) and
- Every fourth year, the award of an honorary medal for outstanding achievements in the field of maritime engineering.
On each second Thursday of the month, from September to July a lecture is held at the Technical University of Delft, in the Faculty Room at the Faculty of Mechanics, Materials, Metals and Engineering (3mE) - accessible through the entrance at Leeghwaterstraat 17, 2628 CA Delft typical.
The event will start with a complimentary meal of soup and bread at 6.15 PM, sponsored by the speakers organization, and is followed by the lecture from 7.00 PM until 9.30 PM.
And, of course, afterwards, a drink and ample opportunity for discussion and networking.
The location,unless otherwise specified is.
At the end of August we publish the annual program on the website and in the form of a leaflet.
For our events we cooperate with:
- KIVI Offshore Technology and the KIVI headquarters in The Hague
- Association of maritime engineering students 'William Froude' at TU Delft
- Association of maritime engineering students 'Ut Navem Futuri Creemus' at the Rotterdam Mainport University (RMU)
- Leading companies in the maritime sector
- Maritime universities (TU Delft and RMU)