This is a self-paced course.
Length: 30 hours
Learn the basics needed to fight cybercrime
A single breach can have huge consequences for a company’s ability to function, hurting the bottom line and causing disruption in the daily lives of millions of people. This is why the demand for security professionals continues to grow. Get onboard—and develop an understanding of cybercrime, security principles, technologies, and procedures used to defend networks. Then decide whether you want to pursue an entry-level networking or security role professionally. Recommended for students planning to study for the Cisco CCNA R&S, CCNA Cyber Ops or Cisco CCNA Security Certifications. Prerequisite “Introduction to Cybersecurity” or equivalent knowledge recommended.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of criminals and heroes in the cybersecurity realm.
- Describe the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability as they relate to data states and cybersecurity countermeasures.
- Describe the tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber criminals.
- Describe how technologies, products, and procedures are used to protect confidentiality.
- Describe how technologies, products, and procedures are used to ensure integrity.
- Describe how technologies, products, and procedures provide high availability.
- Explain how cybersecurity professionals use technologies, processes, and procedures to defend all components of the network.
- Explain the purpose of laws related to cybersecurity.
This course is offered as part of KIVI’s participation in the Cisco Networking Academy program.
You can also check out our KIVI Academy page for the full list of courses available at the moment.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com