Founded in 1969, the Royal Netherlands Society of Engineers (KIVI) – section Offshore Technology will be celebrating its 50 years anniversary this year. The celebration will take place at the KIVI Offshore & Maritime symposium at the University of Applied Sciences in The Hague on 21 November 2019.
KIVI Offshore and KIVI Maritime Technology are honoured to announce the first edition of a new annual symposium on Maritime Offshore & Sustainable Technology (MOST). The theme of the first edition of the MOST symposium will be ‘Future of the North Sea’.
Development of the North Sea is high on the Dutch political agenda, as described in last year’s report by the Dutch Government The future of the North Sea.
The Dutch Offshore & Maritime industry will play a key role in shaping the North Sea, be it in offshore wind, maritime transport, food supply, CO2 storage, removal or re-use of offshore infrastructure, energy transport and storage, and protection of precious bio-diversity.
The objective of the symposium is to actively contribute to the debate around the future use of the North Sea. It is KIVI’s mission to share knowledge and facilitate the engineering power that is embedded in the Dutch Offshore culture.
Speakers from governmental bodies, NGOs, Offshore Energy companies, suppliers and academia are invited to share their views in presentations, followed by interactive discussions and audience questions.
- Saskia Bruines, Wethouder Onderwijs, Gemeente Den Haag
- Marjan van Loon, CEO, Shell Netherlands
- Sandor Gaastra, Director-General for Climate & Energy, Ministry of Economic Affairs & Climate
- Ab van der Touw, Board member, TenneT
- David Molenaar, Managing Director, Siemens Gamesa
- Simeon Tienpont, Boat Captain, Multiple winner America’s Cup
- Frank Koopman, Global Director Marine Site Characterization, Fugro
- Nils van Nood, Managing Director, GustoMSC
- Wim van der Velde, CTO, Seaway 7
- Bas Buchner, President, MARIN
- Jacqueline Vaessen, General Manager, Nexstep
- Edwin van de Brug, Regional Manager, Van Oord
We aim for attendance of 500 persons from industrial parties, government, non-governmental organisations and, last but not least, many students.
At the first edition of the MOST symposium a jubilee book will be presented as part of the celebration of the 50th anniversary of KIVI Offshore Technology. The Jubilee Book is written by Young Professionals in the Offshore Industry supported by industry experts and describes the role of Dutch Engineers and Technology in the global offshore industry. History, today’s reality and future scenarios are described and discussed, with facts, feelings and perceptions of Dutch CEOs and Offshore engineers in today’s dynamic world.
The Jubilee Book will not only be of interest to the “hard-core” technical expert, but also to readers interested in people and what moves them to work as offshore engineers and be part of the Dutch offshore technology society. More information
A special award ceremony will be organized at the MOST symposium to recognize the key achievements of an important person for the Dutch Offshore sector. The name of the laureate will be revealed at the symposium. The laureate will receive an honorary medal that only has been awarded twice before to Joop Roodenburg (CEO Huisman) and Edward Heerema (CEO Allseas).
See the prices on the right.
* Become OT member first and visit this OT symposium for free. Register via your KIVI profile
** If not already wou will be registered as OT member.
*** Tip: join KIVI and recoup your contribution (€ 137,50/year).
All participants wil receive the Jubilee Book for free.
- Sponsorbrief 50 jaar KIVI Offshore - Symposium + Book
Impressie symposium 2018
- Symposium 'Moving Away from Fossil Fuels', 1 May 2018